Tuesday 18 December 2007

Paper Money Collecting: Some Ramblings of a Collector

Dear Reader,
It's been quite a challenging few days, as there are some family issues I've had to deal with and my health is not that up beat at the moment, thus my inability to make a posting yesterday. I will therefore not be able to continue with the Paper Money History series for the next couple of days.

Nevertheless paper money is still up there in my agenda. A lot of friends and family are shocked that I'm into collecting paper money, and I'm shocked at finding out that old paper notes from countries like Nigeria that have been discontinued have just been thrown in the bin for disposal! That is pristine new authentic banknotes. So I've started asking everyone for their old notes and explaining how valuable they are. Some will be given freely others at a price, I'm not too bothered which at least I'll be increasing my collection.

I was hoping to get set up so I can start scanning my notes and put up a video of my collection for you to see, but that will have to wait a couple of days yet again, as my technical expert can't set me up at the moment.

In the meantime here are a couple of paper money video's from a good friend for you:




Banknotes from the Pacific Rim





Paper Money From China, Hong Kong and Macao

No comments: